You can modify a previous order; however, you must show a change in circumstances. Typically the change in circumstances must be substantial.
Our family law lawyers provide services in modifications of all types of family law cases including:
- Child support.
- Child custody.
- Alimony/spousal support.
Our family law attorneys provide a free initial consultation to discuss with you the reason that you are requesting a modification and whether your reason is a valid reason for modifying your previous order. Some reasons could be:
- Job loss for alimony or child support modifications.
- Remarriage for alimony modifications.
- Chemical dependency for custody or visitation modifications.
- Mental health concerns for custody or visitation modifications.
- Unstable living conditions for custody or visitation modifications.
Of course, these are just a handful of reasons someone may want to modify their previous order. Call our office to speak to one of our family law attorneys today at 515-955-2193 or toll free 855-955-2193. We have offices in Marshalltown and Fort Dodge to discuss your questions and concerns.
Johnson, Bonzer and Barnaby PLC
809 Central Avenue
Fort Dodge, Iowa 50501
103 South 2nd Avenue
Marshalltown, Iowa 50158